What is Kaizen?
Kaizen is a Japanese philosophy that has been used to improve performance in many different fields, including the workplace. The word Kaizen translates to “continuous improvement” and it refers to any strategy that helps an individual or organization be more efficient and effective in their work. There are ten rules of Kaizen which can help you achieve success at your job!
How to apply Kaizen in workplace?
• Take ideas from everyone: Every single person on your team deserves the opportunity for input, so let them know they’re valued by encouraging new ideas from every employee. It’s important for all members of the team to feel like they have a voice, not just those who speak up most often.
• Don’t take shortcuts when planning: Whenever you make decisions, always consider the consequences and how they will affect your team. It’s important that any task you take on is manageable, so don’t bite off more than you can chew.
• Share work load: A great way to improve efficiency in a company is by sharing tasks with others who are also qualified for them. This ensures that everyone has an equal amount of work which creates less stress and allows employees to feel like their voice matters within the organization.
• Keep things simple: Complex problems require complex solutions, but there may be simpler ways around your problem! If not, simplify what needs simplifying until it does become simplified or at least easier to manage. Reducing complexity in one area often leads to greater benefits in other areas.
• Eliminate waste: When you have a headache, you take aspirin. When your computer has viruses, it’s best to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch. The same logic applies in many aspects of business – when something is not working well, stop doing it! This can be difficult for people who are accustomed to continuous production but sometimes that’s what needs to happen with projects or tasks which have outlived their usefulness.
• Seek perfection: It sounds impossible at first because we’re so used to settling on “good enough” but don’t get discouraged. Find ways every day that will help you push yourself harder until someday soon perfect becomes possible!
• Work smarter, not harder: Just because you want to do your job well doesn’t mean it has to take up all of your time. Spend some time outside, make a phone call or find other ways that will help you get more done with less effort! (Source)
• Practice prevention: It’s much easier and cheaper in the long-run if we can avoid problems before they happen. One way is by staying informed – keep yourself updated on current events so you know what might affect your company.()
• Assume nothing is impossible: Innovation only happens when people have faith in themselves and their abilities. Be confident enough to push boundaries and continue trying even though something may not work out at first. Keep persevering until success becomes possible for everyone!
• Create a culture of honesty: It can be hard to admit when we’re wrong but it’s an important part of growth. If you ever make a mistake, apologize and don’t get discouraged by one small setback! Keep trying until success becomes inevitable.